Innovative Vouchers are a program of the Western Australian Government’s New Industries Fund, which helps WA new businesses and private ventures market their ideas and advancements and expand their business operations.
Since 2011, the state has awarded just under 200 vouchers worth around $3.7 million to promising organizations in the beginning phase. Numerous former voucher champs have since expanded considerably, entered global business sectors, and assembled nearby labor forces in WA.
During last year’s underlying Covid lockdown, 36 vouchers were granted, primarily in the areas of drug tech, wellbeing and assets. In 2017, 21 awards have been reported, with the most extreme award being $20,000 (which must be coordinated with 20% commitment, e.g. $5,000 for the full award).
This year’s program benefited Dr Josephine Muir, CEO and Co-Founder of NoisyGuts, a startup determined to ease the pain of individuals affected by Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), which affects an estimated fifth of Australians.
In 2016, Loud Guts performed a tremendous pivot, shifting from their IBS wearable gadget locator to another brand of “super shakes” containing 7g of extraordinary superfood fiber-mix for gut well-being. In the meantime, this shake will be bundled in a 92% paper fiber bag, thanks to another WA business ZipForm Packaging, which was established in 2010.
EarBuddy is a clinical tool that ventilates a child’s middle ear while they swallow, a treatment intended for children who face Otitis Media with Effusion (OME), or paste ear. Innovators can avoid the need for medical procedures and delay the onset of formative difficulties associated with hearing impairments, thereby addressing a neglected clinical need.
Atamo Innovations in Belmont designs and manufactures the gadget, showing the occupation-producing power of local innovations. EarBuddy will use the $20,000 voucher financing to enroll its protected innovation.
The full list of 2021 Innovation Voucher recipients:
- Alcolizer – Scale-up of its COVID-19 fast antigen test.
- Avicena Systems – A fast, high-throughput, accurate, and exact evaluating framework for COVID.
- Beelu Forest Distilling Company – Premium natural spirits refined with a novel koji strain that restricts their growth.
- Clean Plant – Clean Chute.
- COREIOT – Visible Machines.
- EarBuddy – EarBuddy Device.
- Ex Planta – Producing bio-fabricated plants compounds for human and animal wellbeing.
- Gas Capture Technologies – Carbon catch use and capacity improvement.
- Medivitals – Artificial Intelligence based remote observing stage with clinical grade wearables.
- Metabolic Health Solutions – WA Metabolic Health Database for Artificial Intelligence.
- NMR Services Australia – BMR-40 instrument improvement.
- Uproarious Guts – Shaking it Up!
- OLP Robotics – Automated framework for renovation.
- Onetide Modular Systems – SpeedReelTM Universal Spool Fuel Hose Stand: Land Deployment.
- Versatile PPB – Portable PPB (detectORE) machine plan and production.
- Essential Sales Australia – Robotic weed rouging device.
- Safehouse Australia – Development of the AS/NZS 60079-13 standard for pressurized habitats.
- Innovation for Aging and Disability WA – TADWA Voice Control Module.
- TeleMedVET – diagnostic scanner for predicting and preventing breaks in purebred racehorses.
- Touchline Connect – UX/UI investigation and upgrade: REACH Boarding System.
- Unpollute – Tailings Dewatering: An Environmentally Friendly Process.